Translate

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Communication Basics: The One Device and the Many Devices

There is an old saying: "Keep it simple stupid!".  In modern speak, we would say: "Keep it simple silly!".  Today, I want to pull out the one tool, among all the other tools, that I wish people felt the need to know.  What is unique about this tool is that it is the only one that underlies all the other tools.  That is what makes this tool special.  It is that it is actually very common but also very specialized.  But the problem is that a society, who is also enamored with a strong technological sense by necessity in the 1960's, is also a society blind to its wonderful cousin, common sense.  The ideal would be to possess both a technical (specialized) sense and common sense.  I am trying to make an atmosphere of both, because finding both is a very rare oddity. 

Let me first list the top 5 tools in my communication toolbox.  There are actually hundreds in my master arrangement file on my computer.  But that number is not simple is it!  So it is not for today, it is for another time after the top 5 are grasped first.  These 5 are the ones that I have found to be the most helpful in nearly every situation. 

They are:


1)
2)




They can be pictured as follows:


[this was interrupted by my Badgers in the final four - I will return to it as it is very important]


Sincerely,

Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment