Translate

Monday, July 28, 2014

Communication Basics: Finding What Satisfies

It is not only important to want something.  It is also important to get satisfaction for what you need or want.
Let me illustrate from a time-honored part of contract law.  It was considered important in law to consider whether a person is ready, willing, and able to keep a contract.  If it was discovered that they were not ready, not willing, and not able to keep a contract that could change a court's ruling.

Please note that the list of ready, willing, and able is not about what someone wants, but about their satisfying the criteria.  The unready, etc. is about what is wanted or needed being not met as criteria.  Wanting here means you don't have it.

Ready, willing, able, [and seeing] means satisfying a want.  I might make a statement that I am satisfied that I am ready, willing, able, and seeing.  But I don't think I would make a statement of satisfaction if I am not ready, not willing, not able, and/or not seeing.  Then I can't get satisfaction.

So seek what satisfies when it comes to learning.  Find something that can meet all the criteria that in the end adds up to satisfying.  Take care.


Sincerely,

Jon

 first noted 4/4/2014

No comments:

Post a Comment